Criteria and Rules
The Volunteer of the Year Awards are designed to honor individuals who have contributed
at an extraordinary level of dedication. Examples of this type of outstanding service
- • Demonstrating superior leadership in the development of a new program
- • Exceptional service to a department
- • Outstanding customer service
- Each nominator may submit as many nominations as he or she wishes.
- A nominator cannot nominate anyone in his or her immediate family.
- Incomplete/late applications will not be accepted or considered for judging.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
All nominees and nominators are invited to attend the National Volunteer Week Bravo
Brunch Celebration on Thursday, April 19, 2018. All nominees will be recognized during
Eligibility: All volunteers are eligible for nomination. Only one person may be nominated per
department. Up to two winners may be named in any one year. An individual may receive
the award only once. Deceased volunteers may be nominated posthumously.
Length of Service: Persons must have been with the organization for at least one year.
Mission: The nominee must exemplify the mission and values of the hospital. Our mission is
to provide leadership and excellence in teaching, discovery, clinical care, and service
as a student-centered comprehensive research university and academic health center
with a wide range of programs from learning assistance through postdoctoral studies.
Values: Ideally, the nominee will actively demonstrate the core values that are at the heart
of our institution including: collegiality, compassion, excellence, inclusivity, integrity,
Nominations: Nominations may be made by anyone in the university or hospital.
Recognition: Winners will be announced annually during our Augusta University National Volunteer
Week Celebration events. Each winner will receive a letter of congratulations and
a Volunteer of the Year commemorative award.
Nominate a Volunteer