A student’s life can be very stressful at times, especially when considering the multiple
demands on your time and energy. We have licensed counselors available by appointment
to help you identify and manage the sources and consequences of your stress.
Confidential services include individual/couple/family therapy, stress management
and crisis intervention.
Our counselors can be your liaison to both university and community resources and
can assist with a variety of needs including:
- Time management and organizational skills
- Worry and anxiety
- Study skills
- Interpersonal issues
- Connecting to community resources
- Academic problem solving
Please call to schedule an initial appointment at 706-737-1471. There is no charge
for counseling services. A three-hour notification period is required if a student
needs to cancel or reschedule a counseling session.
Signs indicating you may need outside help:
- Poor concentration – mind going blank
- Feeling like the information you are working learn is just not going in
- Increase in alcohol or drug intake
- Negative Self-Talk
- Feeling like you don’t enjoy anything anymore
- Feeling like you are not your self
- Unable to sleep or sleeping too much
- Racing thoughts
- Intense exhaustion or fatigue
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Thoughts of death, escape or self harm
- Excessive anxiety
- Feeling keyed up or on edge
- Muscle tension
If you would like more information on depression or to take an online screening you
can do so by visiting the Mental Health America site.