Follow the steps provided below to ensure you are on the correct path to planning
a successful special event.
please see our CONSIDERATIONS PAGE and CHECKLIST for more information regarding converting in-person to virtual events.
CLICK HERE For Augusta University Campus Reopening Frequently Asked Questions.
When planning an event, please use this checklist as a starting point. Planners may
find they need to modify many items within this document to fulfill their unique needs.
Utilizing this resource, you should first:
- Determine your purpose and goals
- Set a budget
- Determine your audience and anticipated VIPs
- Contact our office to request a consultation if needed
If you are planning a Ribbon Cutting, Ground Breaking, or MOU signing event, please
feel free to utilize this checklist created by our team. For a more general event planning checklist, try this event checklist.
Step 2 - Select a Date, Time, and Location for the Event
Select a date and time, consulting the following to determine potential date conflicts
Step 3 - Ensure your VIPs are Available for Your Proposed Date
- If you wish to have the President participate in any way, you must go to the Office
of the President's website and fill out theAppearance Request Form which we encourage you to complete eight weeks prior to your event. All requests
will be considered, but are subject to approval by the President's Office. You will
receive a notification within two to three business days if your proposed request
has been approved. Once approved, planners will need to submit the event details five
weeks prior to their event and a completed event program within three days of the
event to the appropriate contact.
- If you wish to have the Chief of Staff, Provost, or other members of senior leadership
attend or participate in your event, please contact their offices directly.
Step 4 – Coordinate Campus Resources and External Vendor Needs
Step 5 – Ensure the Safety of Your Guests
Step 6 – Determine Entertainment Elements
Step 7 – Compile Collateral Pieces
Step 8 – Evaluate Event and Plan for the Future
- Convene a committee and discuss what went well and what challenges were faced
- Consider sending a post-event survey to participants/volunteers to gather additional
- Complete a post event evaluation form to record your ideas and lessons learned
- Update any web information to reflect the event’s conclusion or new dates