Summary of Responsibilities:
Complete all responsibilities listed below:
- Welcome new students, family members, parents and supporters to Augusta University.
- Be accessible and willing to assist with any information needs of students, family
members, parents and supporters.
- Develop a rapport with new students.
- Prepare and conduct well-organized and thorough small group experiences for new students.
- Efficiently complete all logistical tasks to ensure the New Student Orientation program
proceeds smoothly and effectively.
- Work closely with the assigned academic department, supporting their needs during
- Work closely with the entire Orientation Team, including Lead Orientation Leaders,
Intern, and Student Life and Engagement.
- Maintain regular communication with your supervisor.
- Take initiative with unanticipated tasks or problems.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Exhibit leadership potential.
- Exhibit knowledge of and commitment to the mission of orientation, Division of Enrollment
& Student Affairs, along with Augusta University as a whole.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exhibit the ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse group of
students and staff.
- Possess a professional attitude and appearance when dealing with faculty, staff, students,
and their families.
- Must be reliable, flexible, responsible, confident, and display a willingness to help.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about Augusta University, its regulations, its people,
its programs, and its community.
- Must be willing to adjust work, academic coursework and living arrangements to meet
the needs of orientation throughout January-August 2018.
- Have a minimum 2.20 GPA and able to main the 2.20 GPA through Spring 2018.
- Be in good judicial standing with Augusta University.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check, if required to become a University Employee.
(These are the minimum expected time commitments, all time commitments will be presented
before signing contract)
- 2018 Orientation Team Social - January 6, 2018
- Orientation Leader Seminar Spring 2018, Tuesdays 3:00 - 6:30pm
- Orientation Leader Overnight Retreat February 9-10, 2018
- Start Up Weekend February 18-19, 2018
- Attend SROW Conference March 16-18, 2018
- Spring 2018 Orientation: April 23, May 18
- Intensive Training May 16 - June 1, 2018
- Summer Orientation Dates: June 4-5, June 11, June 14-15, June 25-26, June 27, July
9-10, July 12-13, July 16, July 23-24, July 26-27, July 30-31, August 2-3, August
6, August 8, August 9-10
- Weekly Orientation Staff Meetings Wednesdays from 1-3 pm, expect weeks where orientation
falls on a Wednesday.
- End of Year Celebration TBD
- Freshman Convocation & 1101 August 14, 2018
- Fall 2018 and January 2019 Orientation Dates TBD
- Recruitment activities for 2019 Orientation Leader team TBD
Application is now closed. If you applied for the 2018 position please check your
Augusta.edu email for updates on your application status.