Summary of Responsibilities:
Complete all responsibilities listed below:
- Welcome new students, family members, parents, and supporters to Augusta University.
- Assist with any information needs of students, family members, parents and supporters
from summer throughout their first semester.
- Develop rapport with new students.
- Prepare and conduct well-organized and thorough small group experiences for new students.
- Efficiently complete all assigned logistical tasks to ensure the New Student Orientation
program proceeds smoothly and effectively.
- Work closely with the assigned academic department, supporting their needs during
- Work closely with the entire Orientation Team, including Lead Orientation Leaders,
Intern, Grad Assistant, and professional staff.
- Maintain regular communication with all New Student & Family Transitions staff members.
- Take initiative with unanticipated tasks or problems.
- Mentor a small group of students throughout Fall 2022 via activities, small group
meetings, and individual relationship building.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Exhibit leadership potential (ability to communicate well, role model integrity, build
positive relationships, innovate, etc.)
- Exhibit knowledge of and commitment to the mission of orientation, the Division of
Enrollment Management & Student Affairs, along with Augusta University as a whole.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exhibit the ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse group of
students and staff.
- Possess a professional attitude when dealing with teammates, faculty, staff, students,
and their families.
- Must be reliable, flexible, responsible, confident, and display a willingness to help.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn about Augusta University including rules and regulations,
the AU population, programs, and community.
- Must be willing to adjust work, academic coursework and living arrangements to meet
the needs of orientation throughout January 2022-January 2023.
- Have a minimum 2.20 GPA and able to main the 2.20 GPA through Fall 2022.
- Be in good judicial standing with Augusta University.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check, required to become a University Employee.
(These are the minimum expected time commitments, all time commitments will be presented
before signing contract)
- 2022 Orientation Team Social – January 5, 2022 6-8pm
- LERS 3000 - Leadership in Action: Intro to being an Orientation Leader, Fridays 1:30-3:00pm. (must register for 1 credit)
- Orientation Retreat - Saturday, February 12, 2022 10am-4pm
- Orientation Leader Conference– Columbia, SC, Friday, March 4 - Sunday, March 6, 2022
- Spring 2022 Orientation Dates
- Intensive Training May 2021
- Summer Orientation Dates: June - July 2022
- Weekly Summer Orientation Staff Meetings: Wednesdays, expect weeks where orientation
falls on a Wednesday
- Monthly Fall Semester Staff Meetings – TBD based on team availability
- Fall Mentoring Hours – Approximately 2 hours/month based on your schedule
- End of Summer Celebration – TBD based on team availability
- Leap Week - August 12-15, 2022
- Freshman Convocation - August 16, 2022
- Welcome Brigade - August 17, 2022
- Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 Orientation Dates: TBD
To learn more about becoming an Orientation Leader, you can view the position description here.
The 2022 Orientation Leader Application is due October 20th. Visit the office, a tabling
event, or an interest meeting to learn more.
You will find the application here: