Summary of Responsibilities:
Complete all responsibilities listed below:
- Welcome new students, family members, parents and supporters to Augusta University.
- Be accessible and willing to assist with any information needs of students, family
members, parents and supporters.
- Develop a rapport with new students.
- Prepare and conduct well-organized and thorough small group experiences for new students.
- Efficiently complete all logistical tasks to ensure the New Student Orientation program
proceeds smoothly and effectively.
- Work closely with the assigned academic department, supporting their needs during
- Work closely with the entire Orientation Team, including Lead Orientation Leaders,
Intern, and Student Life and Engagement.
- Maintain regular communication with your supervisor.
- Take initiative with unanticipated tasks or problems.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Exhibit leadership potential.
- Exhibit knowledge of and commitment to the mission of orientation, Division of Enrollment
& Student Affairs, along with Augusta University as a whole.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exhibit the ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse group of
students and staff.
- Possess a professional attitude and appearance when dealing with faculty, staff, students,
and their families.
- Must be reliable, flexible, responsible, confident, and display a willingness to help.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about Augusta University, its regulations, its people,
its programs, and its community.
- Must be willing to adjust work, academic coursework and living arrangements to meet
the needs of orientation throughout January-August 2020.
- Have a minimum 2.20 GPA and able to main the 2.20 GPA through Spring 2020.
- Be in good judicial standing with Augusta University.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check, if required to become a University Employee.
(These are the minimum expected time commitments, all time commitments will be presented
before signing contract)
- 2020 Orientation Team Social - January 5, 2020
- Orientation Leader Seminar Spring 2020, Tuesdays 3:00 - 6:30pm (TBD)
- Orientation Leader Overnight Retreat February 7-8, 2020
- Attend SROW Conference March 13-15, 2020
- Spring 2020 Orientation: April 27, May 15
- Intensive Training May 13-29, 2020
- Summer Orientation Dates: June 1-2, June 8, June 11-12, June 15-16, June 19, June
22-23, July 6-7, July 9-10, July 13, July 16-17, July 20-21, July 24, July 27-28,
- Weekly Orientation Staff Meetings Wednesdays from 1-3 pm, expect weeks where orientation
falls on a Wednesday.
- End of Year Celebration TBD
- Freshman Convocation August 11, 2020
- Fall 2020 and January 2021 Orientation Dates TBD
- Recruitment activities for 2021 Orientation Leader team TBD
2020 Orientation Leader Applications will be available September 3rd. Please plan
to attend one info session to learn more about the position before submitting your
- October 24th, 7pm-8pm, Health Science Student Center, 2nd Floor
- October 30th, 6pm-7pm; JSAC Hardy Room