Summary of Responsibilities:
Complete all responsibilities listed below:
- Welcome new students, family members, parents, and supporters to Augusta University.
- Develop rapport with new students.
- Prepare and conduct well-organized and thorough small group experiences for new students.
- Efficiently complete all assigned logistical tasks to ensure the Leap Week program
proceeds smoothly and effectively.
- Develop effective group dynamics with your team, including other Leap Week Leaders,
your assigned Orientation Leader, and New Student & Family Transitions staff.
- Maintain regular communication with all New Student & Family Transitions staff members.
- Take initiative with unanticipated tasks or problems.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Exhibit leadership potential (ability to communicate well, role model integrity, build
positive relationships, innovate, etc.)
- Exhibit knowledge of and commitment to the mission of orientation, the Division of
Enrollment Management & Student Affairs, along with Augusta University as a whole.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exhibit the ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse group of
students and staff.
- Possess a professional attitude when dealing with teammates, faculty, staff, students,
and their families.
- Must be reliable, flexible, responsible, confident, and display a willingness to help.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn about Augusta University including rules and regulations,
the AU population, programs, and community.
- Must be willing to adjust work, academic coursework and living arrangements to meet
the needs of orientation throughout January 2022-January 2023.
- Have a minimum 2.20 GPA.
- Be in good judicial standing with Augusta University.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check, required to become a University Employee.
(These are the minimum expected time commitments, all time commitments will be presented
before signing contract)
- Virtual Training - Approx 15 hours self-paced
- Intensive Training - August 8-11
- Leap Week - August 12-15, 2022
- Freshman Convocation - August 16, 2022
- Welcome Brigade - August 17, 2022
To learn more about becoming an Leap Week Leader, you can view the position description here.
The 2022 Leap Week Leader Application is due March 14. Visit the office, a tabling
event, or an interest meeting to learn more.
You will find the application here: