Earn a PhD in Nursing in a distance accessible program! Rigorous and modern, excellent
mentoring and teaching by faculty, extensive research experiences, and committed peers.
Full-time and part-time options available.
Advance your nursing career in a program that features interdisciplinary research
opportunities in multiple areas such as cardiovascular health, neonatal physiological
and renal health, community based participatory research, and health promotion.
Tailored for research knowledge and skill development. Dissertation research may occur
at approved sites near home or work.
Applications for Fall 2022 admission will be open August 12, 2021 - May 15, 2022.
REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATIONADMISSION REQUIREMENTSAPPLY TO THE PHD PROGRAM
- Critically evaluate behavioral and biological theories of health and illness.
- Generate, test, and extend knowledge of linkages between behavioral and biological
dimensions of health and illness.
- Design basic and clinical nursing studies to investigate behavioral and biological
phenomena within a selected area.
- Participate in interdisciplinary approaches to generate and apply scientific knowledge.
- Apply leadership strategies to address ethical, political, economic and socio-cultural
issues in nursing.
Our PhD program is designed for advanced students interested in working closely with
faculty mentors in nursing and related disciplines within the context of established
programs of research.
What we offer PhD students
- The latest in classroom technology in a new, state-of-the-art facility.
- An opportunity to engage in ground-breaking research in such vital areas as health
disparities, cardiovascular risk reduction, cancer treatment/prevention, diabetes
treatment/prevention and smoking cessation. Learn more about our faculty researchers.
- Access to a wide range of service to support their research interests through our Center for Nursing Research.
- Avenues to advance their research interests through our Interdisciplinary Simulation
Center and through the Augusta University's centers and institutes such as the new Cancer Research Center.
- Excellent opportunities to collaborate with world-class researchers in a dynamic,
resource-rich health sciences university environment. Learn more about AU research.
- Research monitoring and assistantship available for full-time enrollment. Learn more about Graduate Research Assistantships
- Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) can be used for tuition, fees, and books. Recipients
of the loan may be eligible to have up to 85% of this loan forgiven while service
as a full-time nurse faculty member at an accredited school of nursing. Please contact Program Director Dr. Julie Zadinsky for more information.