Morning Report 7:30 – 8:00 AM
- Monday: MKSAP Monday
- Board questions with explanations
- Tuesday: Overnight Case presentation
- Admitting resident from overnight presents their most interesting admission with discussion
on clinical reasoning and decision making
- Wednesday: Yale Curriculum (8:00-9:00 AM)
- Common outpatient clinical topics reviewed with general internal medicine faculty.
- For residents on outpatient clinical rotations and electives
- Thursday: Journal Club, Mock Code, EKG conference
- Journal club consist of a recent journal article being presented and critically appraised
by senior residents (2x per month)
- Mock codes are conducted at the VA with various clinical scenarios written by Chief
Residents (1x per month)
- EKG conference will include a series of EKGs with residents asked to perform interpretation
(1x per month)
- Friday: Case of the Week
- Presentation of an interesting case with learning objectives by a general medicine
Noon Conference 12:00-1:00 PM
- Daily conferences with traditional lectures from subspecialty faculty
- Conferences are arranged into different blocks by specialties including:
- General Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease
Medicine Grand Rounds, Tuesdays 12:00-1:00
- Once weekly conference with both in house as well as guest lecturers on a variety
of topics within the field of medicine.
Morbidity, Mortality, and Improvement
- Once monthly presentation of a case by a resident looking to identify systematic shortcomings
that led to poor outcomes/near misses.
- Ultrasound curriculum consist of both lectures as well as labs occur monthly
- Lectures introduce different exams and how to interpret images.
- Labs include the use of models as well as standardize patients to help practice exams.
- Models can are also used to practice ultrasound guided procedures.
- State of the art simulation center at the Medical College of Georgia
- Monthly simulations of various clinical scenarios that incorporates clinical decision
making in emergent situations
- Includes ability to practice various procedures as well
Board Review Course
- Daily conferences starting in May for PGY3s
- Includes reviewing board review questions with subspecialty faculty
- Topics chosen based off of results of In-Training Exam tailored to residents’ strengths