The Interlibrary Loan service (formerly known as Document Delivery) provides books, articles, and other materials not available from our library, and online delivery of articles from our own collection. The service is available to Augusta University faculty, staff, students, Augusta University Medical Center employees. The conditions of this service are set by the Interlibrary Loan Code of the American Library Association, by the regulations of individual lending libraries and by Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
Learn more about these services with Library Tutorials
INTERLIBRARY LOAN REQUESTS
INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICE
Procedures for Using Interlibrary Loan Service:
1. A one-time Interlibrary Loan Registration will retain and populate pertinent fields on each submitted
2. Submit requests electronically while logged into your account.
3. Submit requests electronically while performing Ovid searches or PubMed searches.
4. Most articles/documents will be delivered to the web server to be retrieved by logging into your account.
An automated e-mail will announce the item's availability for retrieval.
5. Requested original materials should be picked up at the Library Information Center upon receipt of
notification of its arrival.
Books borrowed from any University System of Georgia library are obtained at no charge
for users with current Augusta University ID.
Payment for Interlibrary Loan requests may be made by IDR or online through Touchnet or POUNCE. Invoices will be sent monthly, see other fee schedule.
Intercampus loan allows Augusta University students, faculty, and staff to request items from another Augusta University campus library (Reese) and have them delivered to their own Augusta University campus library (Greenblatt) for pickup.1. Search for the needed item in Library Catalog.
Delivery is generally 24-48 hours. You are notified by email when the item you have
GIL Express service allows eligible Augusta University library patrons to borrow circulating books from over thirty other University System of Georgia (USG) library collections at no charge. For more information click here.
The Interlibrary Loan Office is open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. During weekday evenings and on weekends assistance is available at the Library Information Center. For further information contact the Interlibrary Loan Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 706-721-9808.
Guidelines on the Use of Interlibrary Loan Service
1. Copyright guidelines allow the Greenblatt Library to borrow up to 6 articles from the same journal volume.
2. The Library is bound by any restrictions on borrowing and/or use imposed by the lending library.
3. The time allowed by the lending library is indicated on a slip attached to the front of the book. The loan period varies; it is commonly two weeks from the date of receipt. An extension of time should be requested only in extenuating circumstances, and should be directed to the Interlibrary Loan Office.
4. Dissertations may not be available for loan. Please contact the interlibrary loan office for further assistance.