Planning and Assessment in Institutional Effectiveness assures that assessment activities
permeate all levels of the university. In this way planning and assessment at Augusta
University serves three major purposes:
- To promote improvements in student learning in all academic programs.
- To promote accountability aimed at demonstrating that our institution is committed
to data driven decision-making and continuous improvement.
- To assist the institution in meeting the requirements of accrediting agencies.
- Assists assessment units with planning efforts to ensure that each program has well-articulated
outcomes in the form of goals, tactics, and measures
- Helps units utilize assessment results from planning efforts to improve performance
and refine goals, tactics, and measures
- Supports units with appropriately linking their goals to strategic plans and defined
outcomes to regulatory requirements such as SACSCOC and programmatic accreditation
- Maintains official lists of all administrative, academic support, and educational
- Assists academic programs in crafting and refining measurable student learning outcomes
that link to the program’s curriculum
- Helps coordinate location of where student learning outcomes may be measured and data
- Helps ensure compliance with SACSCOC standards (including general education) and programmatic
accreditation of student learning outcome requirements
- Maintains official lists of all academic program assessment units