Doctor of Philosophy with a Major in Applied Health Sciences
Doctor of Philosophy With A Major In
Allied health sciences
- Both part-time and full-time schedules are offered.
- A strong didactic program combined with advanced research in Allied Health Sciences mentored by expert faculty
- Prepare interprofessional, research-focused, and clinically-oriented faculty in the health sciences
- Produce cohorts of scholars capable of advancing the discovery, dissemination and application of new knowledge in the health sciences
- Graduates of this collaborative program will be research-focused and clinically oriented, able to work on health care teams in evidence-based practice or as allied health faculty
About the Program
The PhD program in Applied Health Sciences (AHS) is an interdisciplinary program to provide advanced study and research training opportunities for Allied Health professionals.The program is offered in three tracks: Healthcare Outcomes Science, Rehabilitation Science, and Diagnostics Science.Our program combines advanced health care education with excellence in research, to produce graduates with innovative research skills required for healthcare problem solving.Our faculty have expertise in all areas of allied health services.
We are seeking professionals working in an area of health care with a minimum of bachelor’s degree and education, experience, certification or licensure in any area of allied health sciences.Our PhD students have opportunities to collaborate with faculty and students in the College of Medicine, College of Nursing and College of Dentistry. The AHS program is offered full-or part-time as a program in the College of Allied Health Sciences through the Graduate School at Augusta University’s Health Sciences Campus.