The Biomedical Sciences programs at the Medical and Dental Colleges of Georgia at AU have a long and rich history of excellence in graduate
student research, training and education.
- Our students are engaged in cutting-edge basic science and translational biomedical research across
a variety of disciplines. They publish in the top journals in their field, receive
prestigious awards and honors, and successfully compete for external fellowships
- Our state-of-the-art research facilities are equipped to address the complex research questions and health issues that underlie
the leading causes of disability and mortality in Georgia, the United States and beyond.
- Our faculty are internationally recognized for their scientific accomplishments and are highly
committed to the research and educational missions of AU.
- Our graduates are highly competitive and very successful in entering their career of choice in academia,
research, teaching, biotechnology, consulting, and pharmaceutical industry.
If you are an intellectually curious student committed to developing your talents
for a life of discovery, leadership and service— then our Biomedical Sciences Programs
are the fit for you!
let's get started on your application NOW!
- Apply early and save: Submit your application by December 1 and pay no application fee. The standard deadline is December 15th with a $55.00 application fee
- An outstanding education at an affordable price: Graduate Research Assistantships for biomedical science PhD students include a competitive annual stipend ($27,000 for the 2020/21 academic year), a reduced tuition rate of $25 per semester and a choice from two health insurance
plans. Depending on the plan that is selected, a portion or up 100% of the single-person
premium costs are covered.
Find Your Fit In One of 9 Biomedical Sciences PhD Majors
Application to the Biomedical Sciences Ph.D. program is through a common admissions
process and not to an individual biomedical sciences program. First year students
complete as series of laboratory rotations before choosing a mentor and joining one
of our nine biomedical sciences majors. Outstanding areas of thematic research in
these majors include cancer biology, cardio-metabolic diseases, neurological diseases,
vision science... and more! These and other areas of exciting and relevant biomedical
research are available for you to explore as a graduate student at AU!