Your personal computer must be named as follows: DCG provider#-Citrix. Your DCG Provider
Number is sent to you in private email.
- Log into Citrix (you can also access Citrix via PAWS)
- Click on Content tab
- Click on Citrix Client Downloads
- Click on client for your operating system
- Download and install. For OS X - Do NOT Add Account. Just close.)
For OSX to allow install: Apple menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy >
General tab - unlock file - choose Anywhere - lock file
Quick Troubleshooting Tips
- Make sure you are logging in thru your browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer),
not from a toolbar button (receiver).
- If you can log into Citrix but can't open axiUm, make sure your browser Citrix plugins
say Always Activate (see Help Desk Instructions).
- Check your wireless connections. Must be GRSecure.
- If prompted for registration key, check computer name (provider#-citrix). You only have a license for one device. When you set up first access, we enter the code. If you change devices, you must
change the name of the new device to exactly match the original device or it will
ask for the registration key (see Step 1) . Contact IT Service if you need further
- If you can login to Citrix on campus, but receive the error message “Invalid credentials”
when accessing from off-site, see IT to check your security group.
- If you get a DigiCert SHA2 error, uninstall and reinstall Citrix (see step 2).
- If message says your account is inactive, change your password. Password must be less than 13 characters.
- If you click on the Content tab - Citrix Client Downloads, and you are NOT taken to
a list of options, turn off the pop-up blocker on your browser.
- If you see a line at the bottom of the screen that says launch.ica after clicking the axiUm icon, change your Compatibility View Settings.