Graduate Degrees Offered
For students who already have a clinical degree, both the research component and didactic
instruction enhance the understanding of the clinical courses presented in dental
specialty residency programs.
- Provide research opportunities applying the scientific method to an oral health problem
- Provide graduate-level didactic instruction in the basic sciences.
Combined M.S./D.M.D. and PhD./D.M.D. programs require admission to the Dental College
of Georgia as a dental student. At the end of the second year of dental school, the
student begins a course of study working toward the graduate degree requirements.
The student then re-enters the dental school to complete the D.M.D. degree requirements.
- DDS, DMD or equivalent degree preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GRE score of 900 or higher (sum of verbal and quantitative) for M.S. or 1000 or higher
for PhD. Master of Science applicants can substitute completion of Dental National
Board, Part I (pass) or above instead of GRE
- TOEFL score of at least 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 79 internet-based (if
first language is not English)
- Three references from individuals qualified to assess prior academic and research
For the most current information about the program call (706) 721-2526, e-mail email@example.com or visit our Academic Catalog.