The Policy Approval Process consists of the following steps:
I. Creating a draft policy
- Document owners and proxy authors create draft policies within the policy management
system. Any individual that has been delegated the responsibility of creating policies
will require training and privileges in the policy management system.
- Writers may provide content to new policies if delegated by the document owner. Writers
also require privileges in the policy management system.
- To obtain these privileges the executive sponsor should make the request to the Office
of Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Executive Sponsorship
- The draft document is presented to an executive sponsor for his/her endorsement. .
The document owner should specify his/her executive sponsor as a reviewer within the
workflow of a proposed policy.
- The policy is then presented to stakeholders determined by the document owner and
executive sponsor for review. Upon review and acceptance of these stakeholders, the
document is then presented to “required reviewers”. Required reviewers are determined
by the template on which a document is created. (i.e. Compliance and Enterprise Risk
Management, Policy Management Committee, and etc.)
- Each entity has approved templates for policies.
- After policies are approved by all stakeholders and required reviewers, policies are
submitted for approval to the approvers determined by the template on which the policy
- After the policy has been endorsed by the required approvers, the document will publish
to the policy library.