DeKalb Medical Cancer Center is part of DeKalb Regional Health System, Inc., known as DeKalb Medical, which was founded in 1961.
The not-for-profit health care system’s cancer center has achieved the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons Accreditation since 1973 and has also been awarded the prestigious Outstanding Achievement Award
by the Commission on Cancer three times. This award recognizes cancer programs that
strive for excellence in demonstrating compliance with CoC standards and are committed
to ensuring high-quality cancer care.
Along with a team of experts, continued investments in the latest technology and one
of the largest genetic risk assessment programs in the state, DeKalb Medical Cancer
Center has a strong focus on oncology research.
Our specialized services also include:
- DeKalb Medical Easy Access program, which enables people to call 501.EASY and see a cancer care specialist within 24 hours if they are concerned about the possibility
of a cancer symptom. If they have already been diagnosed with cancer, they can call
to arrange for a second opinion by an oncology professional on important treatment
- Oncology-certified nurses and other specialty certified clinicians work alongside
board-certified cancer physician specialists, including medical and hematologic oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists and
- Four units specially designed to provide state-of-the-art clinical care to our oncology patients. These include the:
• Specialized Inpatient Oncology Unit
• Outpatient Infusion Center
• Radiation Oncology Center
• Comprehensive Breast Care Center