New students admitted to Augusta University who are identified as freshmen or sophomores
will receive their first semester’s schedule from their Academic Advisor.
Below is the process new students will complete prior to receiving their first semester
- New students will apply for undergraduate admission to Augusta University.
- Once accepted, students will have access to an application portal where they will be able to complete
admissions requirements via a checklist process. Students will ensure all holds are
addressed prior to registration. One common hold all new students will need to satisfy
is called the Lawful Presence Verfication hold. Students can satisfy this hold by
submitting a proof of lawful residence (such as a driver's ID) to the appropriate
office. To see a list of holds, their description, how it affects you, and how to
resolve it, visit the holds information page.
- Students will be required to sign up for the New Student Orientation.
- Once signed up for the orientation, students will have access to a New Jaguar Survey located in the application portal.
- Students must complete the online orientation modules before a schedule can be created for them.
- Once a student has submitted their New Jaguar Survey, the student’s Academic Advisor will create a schedule based on the information from the New Jaguar Survey and the student’s transcripts.
- Students should ensure that their most recent transcripts have been sent to Augusta
University Office of Admissions.
- For example, if a transfer student has applied for fall admission, has submitted their
final spring transcript but has enrolled in summer classes at their current institution,
the student should inform their AU Academic Advisor of what courses they are planning
to take and should submit a new, updated transcript with final summer grades to the
Office of Undergraduate Admissions as soon as they can after completing the courses.
- Once a student’s schedule has been created, the Academic Advisor will send a welcome email to the student’s augusta.edu email confirming that their schedule is available for
- Students will continue to work with their Academic Advisor to make adjustments to
their first semester schedule as necessary.
During a student’s first semester at Augusta University, the student will be formally
advised and guided through the process of creating their next semester’s schedule
using a platform called Schedule Planner.
Students may notice an “Academic Advisement Advisee” hold on their account. This hold is placed on the account of every student advised through
the Academic Advisement Center.
The Academic Advisement Advisee hold prevents students from being able to register
for their next term courses before being advised by their Academic Advisor.
Generally, continuing students are advised ...
- For the Summer/Fall semester just after MLK day in January
- For the Spring semester just after Labor day in September
Students will receive an email from their Academic Advisor to their augusta.edu email
address with instructions and an appointment scheduling link to schedule an appointment
for next term advisement.
Note: Students advised in academic departments (60+ credit hours with the exception
of pre-admit programs) will receive communication from their major department about
the next term advisement process and schedule.