Completed Online Application
Application Fee: $50
GPA: Minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Minimum Degree Requirement: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. To be used to satisfy degree requirements, evaluation of foreign educational transcripts must show degree earned that is the U.S. equivalency of degree required by the program.
Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are required from all universities and colleges ever attended. Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcripts should be sent to Augusta University's Office of Academic Admissions. To remain official, all transcripts must remain in the original, unopened, sealed and stamped/signed envelope from the Registrar's office of the issuing institution. Alternatively, Augusta University will accept official electronic transcripts from the registrar's office at your prior institution. Electronic transcripts should be directed to email@example.com.
Transcript/Credential Evaluation of Foreign Transcripts: An official, professional course-by-course evaluation based on official transcripts and documents is required for all foreign educational transcripts and documents from one of the following three credentials evaluation services: Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., World Education Services (WES), Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). Silny and WES are recommended. Official transcript evaluations based on unofficial transcripts, documents or copies will not fulfill this requirement.
References: Recommendations (which include a reference form and letter of recommendation) from three individuals are required. Referees should be individuals qualified to critically assess the applicant's prior academic (usually college professors), employment, artistic, research and/or clinical experience (clinical or research supervisor/manager) and qualifications (as applicable) as well as the applicant's potential as a graduate student in the field/program selected.
Graduate reference forms and letters of recommendation can be submitted online only. As part of the online application process, applicants provide the names and current email addresses for three individuals they have asked to serve as their referees. Once the online application is submitted, each referee will receive an email notification directing him/her to the online site where he/she can complete the reference form and submit his/her letter of recommendation. To change a referee after the application has been submitted, the applicant is instructed to log into his/her ApplyWeb (CollegeNet) account and update the name and current email address for the referee. Status updates of your referees' submissions will be provided to you directly from ApplyWeb (CollegeNet).
- GRE: Test scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within 5 years of the
date of application.
- Minimum score:
- A minimum score of 290 total (combined Verbal and Quantitative Scores) is required.
- All official GRE scores must be submitted to Augusta University's Office of Academic Admissions directly from the Education Testing Service (ETS). The institution code for submission of GRE scores to Augusta University is 5406. Please do not select a department code.
- Minimum score:
- TOEFL Exam Scores: Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test scores are required for
applicants whose first language is not English.
- All official TOEFL scores must be official and submitted to Augusta University directly from Education Testing Service (ETS) and must be less than two years old. The Augusta University institution code for submission of TOEFL scores is 5406. Please do not select a department code.
- Exemption from the TOEFL requirement is allowed for graduate students who submit proof of earning a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university where English is the language of instruction.
- Minimum scores:
- 213 computer-based,
- 79 internet-based, or:
- 550 paper-based (PBT) for test takers who took the PBT prior to October 2017, and were scored on the old scoring scale of 310-677
- No minimum for the revised paper-delivered test (PDT) taken on or after October 2017, and scored on the new scoring scale of 0-30 for each section (Listening, Reading and Writing).
Proof of Lawful Presence: In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.1.6, all applicants for admission to Augusta University are required to provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. Acceptance to the Augusta University is conditional until lawful presence is verified. ALL applicants who are U.S. Citizens must submit documentation that verifies his/her lawful presence in the United States at time of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing and Disability Services: The Office of Disability Services provides a variety of services and accommodations to meet the needs of disability related concerns in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act – Amended Act (2008), the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Board of Regents' policies. Accommodations for students with disabilities are made on an Individual basis. For more information please visit The Testing and Disability Services website at http://www.augusta.edu/tds/index.php or contact them at email@example.com.
- While every effort is made to maintain this information as current, it may be subject to change. Please check with Augusta University's Office of Academic Admission for recent updates.
- Substitutions and/or waivers of minimum requirements must first be supported and approved at the program level and then formally approved by the Dean of The Graduate School.
- Applications deferred to another semester are subject to all admission requirements and program requirements in effect for the semester to which they are deferred.