Completed Online Application
Application Fee: $50
GPA: 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) on all previous college work and an average of at least 2.8 on math / science courses.
Minimum Degree Requirement: N/A
Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are required from all universities and colleges ever attended. Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcripts should be sent to Augusta University's Office of Academic Admissions. To remain official, all transcripts must remain in the original, unopened, sealed and stamped/signed envelope from the Registrar's office of the issuing institution. Alternatively, Augusta University will accept official electronic transcripts from the registrar's office at your prior institution. Electronic transcripts should be directed to email@example.com.
Transcript/Credential Evaluation of Foreign Transcripts: An official, professional course-by-course evaluation based on official transcripts and documents is required for all foreign educational transcripts and documents from one of the following three credentials evaluation services: Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., World Education Services (WES), Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). Silny and WES are recommended. Official transcript evaluations based on unofficial transcripts, documents or copies will not fulfill this requirement. International Students
References: Three letters of recommendation are required. Applicants must submit at least three professional references: a minimum of 2 references must be occupational therapists. The 3rd reference may be an OT, a college professor, or work supervisor who can assess your academic or work related behaviors and potential for success as an Occupational Therapist. Applicants should select references who can attest to these skills and potential for success. Friends and family are not appropriate references for a graduate program.
Graduate reference forms and letters of recommendation can be submitted online only. As part of the online application process, applicants provide the names and current email addresses for three individuals they have asked to serve as their referees. Once the online application is submitted, each referee will receive an email notification directing him/her to the online site where he/she can complete the reference form and submit his/her letter of recommendation. To change a referee after the application has been submitted, the applicant is instructed to log into his/her CollegeNet account and update the name and current email address for the referee. Status updates of your referees' submissions will be provided to you directly from CollegeNet.
- GRE: Test scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within 5 years of the
date of application.
- Minimum score:
- Test takers who took the GRE prior to August 1, 2011 were scored on the old scoring scale of 200-800. The minimum score requirement of 900 total (combined Verbal and Quantitative Scores) will continue to be used for those who took the GRE prior to the scoring changes.
- Test takers who took the GRE after to August 1, 2011 are scored on the new scoring scale of 130-170. The minimum score of 290 total (combined Verbal and Quantitative Scores) will be required for those who took the GRE after to the scoring changes.
- All official GRE scores must be submitted to Augusta University's Office of Academic Admissions directly from the Education Testing Service (ETS). The institution code for submission of GRE scores to Augusta University is 5406. Please do not select a department code.
- Minimum score:
- TOEFL Exam Scores: Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test scores are required for
applicants whose first language is not English.
- Minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 79 internet-based.
- The institution code for submission of TOEFL scores to Augusta University is 5406. Please do not select a department code.
- Exemption from the TOEFL requirement is allowed for graduate students who submit proof of earning a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university where English is the language of instruction.
Proof of Lawful Presence: In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.1.6, all applicants for admission to Augusta University are required to provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. Acceptance to the Augusta University is conditional until lawful presence is verified. ALL applicants who are U.S. Citizens must submit documentation that verifies his/her lawful presence in the United States at time of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: While every effort is made to maintain this information as current, it may be subject to change. Please check with Augusta University's Office of Academic Admission for recent updates.
NOTE: Exceptions and/or waivers of minimum requirements must first be supported and approved at the program level and then formally approved by the Dean of The Graduate School.
NOTE: Applications deferred to another semester are subject to all admission requirements and program requirements in effect for the semester to which they are deferred.