Check back next year for 2017-2018 contest
What is this?
Our Annual Photo Contest is a way for our office to allow students to show off the
amazing pictures that they took on their programs the previous year, while also showing
other students what an incredible - and often beautiful - time you can have while
traveling and learning abroad. We hope that these photos will encourage others to
participate in their own life-changing experience by studying abroad!
Please see below the official deadlines, dates, and rules. We can't wait to see what
Photo Submissions Begin: August 24, 2017
Deadline to Submit Photos: October 17, 2017 by 11:59pm
Facebook Contest Voting Begins: October 23, 2017
Facebook Voting Ends: November 8, 2017 at 8:00am
Winners Announced: November 8 at International Festival
NOTE: Photos submitted must be from our 2016-2017 programs and all submissions must
include the Entry Form (see below) to be eligible.
-Does the photograph show the viewer anything about the country’s local people, cultures,
2. LANDSCAPE / NATURE
-Does the photograph show distinctive landmarks, cityscapes, landscapes, or wildlife
unique to the country? In other words, can you tell you are in a different country?
3. JAGUARS ABROAD
-Does the photograph show a student, or students, experiencing the culture, interacting
with locals, or exploring their new environment? This category includes study abroad
4. FACEBOOK CONTEST WINNER
-Winner will be the photo with the most “Likes” on Facebook. Facebook voting will
be from October 17th - November 1st (@ Noon). You are encouraged to get your friends
to like your photo and even "like" our Facebook page.
ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Submissions will be accepted until Tuesday, October 17 @ 11:59 pm. Entries must be submitted digitally and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos will be displayed on the Augusta University Study Abroad Facebook webpage. Voting on Facebook will begin on October 23, 2017, and will end on November 8, 2017 @ 8:00am.
- The winners will be announced on November 8, 2017 at the International Festival on the Summerville Campus.
- Submit the highest resolution version you have. Please include a scanned and signed copy of the entry form as well as an electronic
copy of the photograph. If the student is unable to scan the signed entry form, then it may be physically
submitted to the Study Abroad Office. Entries are ineligible until we have the completed
Entry Form (see below).
- The email including the photograph must contain the photo name and the name of the
student submitting the photograph in the subject line.
- All entries must be original photographs taken by the student or featuring the student
while participating in a study abroad program from the past calendar year.
- Photos should be representative of the student’s study abroad experience and country,
and be relevant to one of the above mentioned categories.
- Up to TWO entries per student per category. A winner will be chosen in each category by faculty. The Facebook Contest winner
will be the photo with the most “Likes” on Facebook by the deadline listed above.
--Each winner will receive $100 dollars
-A runner up in each category will receive $25 dollars in JagCash.
-Students are allowed to win in multiple categories
- Photos may be used to promote the Study Abroad Office at Augusta University.
- The Study Abroad Office reserves the right to disqualify submissions that
-violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright
-that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or
You can find the entry form HERE.