National Pan Hellenic Council


History of the National Pan Hellenic Council

NPHC Conference

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The National PanHellenic Council was organized on May 10, 1930 at Howard University in Washington, DC. The charter members were Kappa Alpha Psi and Omega Psi Phi Fraternities, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, and Zeta Phi Beta Sororities. In 1931 Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority completed the list of organizations on the NPHC. However, in 1997 Iota Phi Theta was added. It was noted that of the nine social fraternities and sororities comprising the NPHC, five were started at Howard University. A special commendation was given to this University for encouraging college students to develop a sense of social and civic responsibility.


Additional Information

NICKNAME
NPHC
NATIONAL FOUNDING
Howard University on May 10, 1930
COLORS
Black & White
CURRENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT
William Baker
NATIONAL WEBSITE
National Pan-Hellenic Council