National Breast Cancer Foundation:
- The Mission of NBCF: NBCF’s mission is to help women now by providing help and inspiring
hope to those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support
- Breast cancer is one of the leading health crises for women in the United States.
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. There is currently
no known cure for breast cancer, and its early diagnosis is critical to survival.
However, with increased healthcare costs and a rapidly increasing percentage of uninsured
women, many simply cannot afford the cost of screening tests. These women are at a
significantly higher risk of dying from breast cancer if later diagnosed.
- That’s why NBCF provides free mammograms to women in all 50 states through our network
of hospitals. We are now joining hands with people around the world to provide breast
Beyond The Shock:
- A comprehensive online guide to understanding breast health, including self-exam techniques
and breast cancer.
National Cancer Institute:
- Breast Cancer: Patient Edition.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: