WHAT QUESTIONS SHOULD I ASK BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN A RESEARCH STUDY?
When deciding whether to participate in a research study, you may want to ask the
investigators and research study team some of the following questions:
- What You Should Know About Research
- What is the purpose of the research study?
- Who is participating in the research study?
- Will I know which treatment I am getting?
- What has been learned about the study treatment so far?
- What will I be asked to do?
- How long is the study going to last?
- Will I have to pay for any part of the research study?
- Will my insurance cover the costs?
- Will I be reimbursed for travel or childcare costs associated with the research study?
- How will I know if the treatment is working?
- If the treatment works, can I keep using it after the research study ends?
- What will happen to me if the treatment does not work?
- Will anyone else know about my participation?
- Will this study help my family or my community?