Meet the Provost
Serving as the Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Provost of Augusta University is the Chief Academic Officer, responsible for advancing all aspects of the mission of the University, ensuring excellence and innovation in the delivery of existing knowledge and the discovery of new knowledge. The Provost is accountable for the achievement of the university’s strategic priorities, through actively engaging in planning and resource allocation to deliver tangible results and provide a foundation for future prosperity.
The Office of the Provost is committed to:
- Enhancing academic quality in programs of instruction;
- Fostering the development, improvement and recognition for the GRU faculty;
- Driving services and programs that promote the success of our students;
- Advancing processes that tie budgeting and effective resource allocation to our planning efforts;
- Ensuring the University's infrastructure support functions provide support for the academic mission and contribute to the pursuit of academic excellence.
Gretchen B. Caughman was named the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost on June 1, 2011.