Augusta University’s Master of Public Administration (MPA) program is guided by its
mission statement, and a set of core values that reflect the heart of our program
and discipline. Our mission and values include a dedication continuously improving
our program through the use of assessment and evaluation.
The Master of Public Administration program enhances the performance of public and
nonprofit organizations in our region and the nation by preparing a new generation
of public service leaders to competently and ethically lead public and nonprofit organizations.
As an interdisciplinary professional degree program, we seek to:
- provide a broad education for individuals entering government and nonprofit organizations
in administrative positions
- enhance the capabilities and performance of individuals currently serving in management
positions in our region
- produce relevant public administration research
- provide active public service to support and improve the quality and delivery of public
services in our region
We seek to have a program that:
- Emphasizes integrity—accountability, honesty, fairness and ethical behavior in personal and professional
relationships and activities
- Inspires faculty and students to public service that reflects the highest ideals of citizenship and service to the community, the
nation, and the world
- Emphasizes democratic values so students observe and respect the Constitution and the rule of law in service to
- Develops professionalism by emphasizing competence, excellence, efficiency, objectivity, and impartiality
- Focuses on equity and diversity through emphasizing that public administration professionals’ exercise of authority
and responsibility must always be tempered by a respect for human dignity, fairness,
and social equity.
Our MPA Program strongly supports the public service value of transparency.
Cultural Competency and Diversity Plan (Our program has been commended for our commitment to diversity)
MPA Self Study 2015 (Our program completed a detailed self-study report in 2015 for our successful NASPAA