The applicant is responsible for having the following materials to the Admissions
Office of Augusta University by the established deadline:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended by the applicant.
The applicant must have completed requirements for the bachelor's degree in a regionally
accredited college or university. Admission to the program requires a minimum 2.75
cumulative grade average equivalent on a 4.0 scale.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT)
scores. Scores must be within the last five years. The MPA Director can recommend
a waiver to The Graduate School for the GRE requirement, for applicants with a cumulative
undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- The names and contact information for references familiar with the applicant's employment
experience and/or academic abilities. References will be contacted electronically
and and asked to submit an evaluation of the applicant's work ethic, ability to communicate
orally or in writing, and moral character. References who are academics should address
the ability to perform graduate level coursework. References must also address the
capacity in which he or she knows the applicant. If the applicant has not been enrolled
within the last two years, at least one letter must come from an academic.
- A current resume.
- A 500-1,000 word typed personal statement that describes the applicant's career at
the present time, where he or she wants to be in five years, and how the MPA program
will help the applicant get there.
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States
- Completed immunization form
When the application is completed with each of the items listed above, the applicant's
record will be reviewed by the Director of the MPA Program and the program's Admissions
Committee. If an applicant meets all requirements, the MPA Program Director may admit
the applicant as a regular student in the program. .
All items are submitted electronically through our online admissions process.