Registration ended on May 15th!
All applicants have been contacted. If you applied and haven't heard from us, please
contact us at 706-721-3243 or email@example.com
Eligibility & Requirements
To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior high school for the HSSA Day Academy.
- Be a rising junior or senior high school student for the HSSA Residential Academy.
- Have demonstrated high aptitude and high interest in the area of health sciences.
- Be in good physical/mental health. (This is not intended to be an exclusion of students
with documented exceptions.)
- Commit to participation in the program for the entire day or residential period if
accepted, including orientation and graduation.
Online registration will be accepted before 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2016. For a list
of Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.
The student selection process has several steps:
- Registration Review Process - After students successfully complete the online registration, the application will
be reviewed by the HSSA selection committee which consists of Augusta University Faculty
and Staff. All acceptance decisions are communicated via email/mail and sent directly
to the applicants.
- Notification to the Students - Accepted students will receive, via email/mail, an Acceptance Packet by May 30, 2016.
Waitlisted/Rejected students will receive notification via email/mail no later than
May 30, 2016. Augusta University HSSA Academy Officials are not responsible for delays in enrollment,
missed deadlines, or failure to respond within required timelines by students who
do not adequately monitor their email/mail or the Academy webpage.
- Acceptance Process - Students must then accept the invitation by completing the Acceptance Packet.
The Acceptance Packet will be emailed/mailed to the accepted/waitlisted students.
If an accepted student is unable to attend for any reason, the student must inform
the Augusta University HSSA Academy Project Leader, Paula Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 6th. This will allow an invitation to be extended to the next waitlisted student.