Augusta University, formerly Georgia Regents University Learn more at

Home » OIC » FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where do I find Augusta University's standard MTA or CDA?

A: There is no such thing as a standard MTA or CDA. Each is negotiated between GRU and the other party.


Q: Where do I find a template to write an MTA or CDA?

A: GRU does not supply a template since each agreement is unique.


Q: Can my department chair sign an MTA or CDA?

A: No. The President of GRU has designated only a handful of individuals that can enter into legally binding agreements on behalf of GRU.


Q: How do I get an MTA or CDA completed?

A: For MTAs please email For CDAs please email


Q: Why is getting a few compounds from my colleague at a company such a big deal?

A: Agreements that control the exchange of real or intellectual property can contain clauses that can inhibit you, your students, your GRU colleagues, etc. from doing certain types of research in the future.


Transparent Panel for Emergency Use