The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition offers consultation and inpatient services for all gastrointestinal, liver related
and nutritional problems in children with special emphasis on
- Gastroesophageal reflux: This is an area of faculty research interest. We are one of the few institutions
offering Multiple Impedance Test in children. This test documents not only acid but
non acid refluxes as well.
- Constipation: Another area of research interest. We offer a structured protocolized treatment
program consisting of dietary, behavioral and life style changes along with medications.
- Gastrointestinal problems related to food allergy such as Eosinophilic Esophagitis,
cow's milk protein allergy etc. We offer a comprehensive multidisciplinary treatment
- Tube feeding: monitor nutritional requirements of special needs children.
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's bisease and Ulcerative Colitis.
- Neonatal cholestasis, acute and chronic hepatitis.
Procedures: We perform upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopies with interventions such as
polypectomy, hemostasis, dilatation, PEG placement etc.