Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the essential elements for the safe and efficient response to the scene of
a medical emergency.
- Perform a thorough EMS patient assessment for signs and symptoms of illnesses and
- Provide prompt and efficient basic emergency care to the sick and injured.
- Safely handle and prepare the patient for transportation.
- Describe the essential elements of safe and orderly transportation of the patient
to the hospital and the transfer of patient care to the appropriate hospital staff.
- Apply fundamental knowledge of the EMS system, safety and well-being of the EMT, and
medical, legal, and ethical issues to the provision of emergency care.