Anesthesiology residents are expected to:
- Develop a personal program of self study and professional growth with guidance from
the teaching staff.
- Participate in safe, effective and compassionate patient care under supervision, commensurate
with their level of advancement and responsibility.
- Participate fully in the educational activities of their program and, as required,
assume responsibility for teaching and supervising other residents and students.
- Participate in institutional programs and activities involving the medical staff and
adhere to established practices, procedures, and policies of the institutions.
- Participate in institutional committees and councils, especially those that relate
to patient care review activities, and
- Apply cost containment measures in the provision of patient care.
The department will endeavor to consider the religious and/or moral objections of
residents so as not to require participation in elective procedures which residents
believe violate their ethical values.