The mission of the Educational Innovation Institute (EII) at Augusta University is to champion Excellence and Innovation in health sciences education and educational scholarship that enhances learning and develops educational leaders locally and globally.
We were founded as the Education Discovery Institute in 2008 under the visionary leadership of Dr. Ruth-Marie E. Fincher, retired Vice Dean of Academic Affairs and former Co-Director of the EII.
1. Inspire and facilitate the reframing of educational problems and challenges to meet the needs of today’s health professions education learners and educators.
2. Support the professional and educational leadership development of health professions educators.
3. Provide health professions educators with time-tested and/or innovative processes, technologies, or select content to address today’s educational problems and challenges.
1. Primary: Augusta University health professions educators
2. Secondary: The broader health professions educational community
1. Provide services that are timely, professional, personal, participatory, and development-oriented.
2. Application of team-member competencies in: educational assessment, faculty development, program development, program evaluation, and educational research.