Welcome to the new 2016-2017 academic year! There have been a lot of changes to Reese
Library over the summer:
- New carpeting, vinyl wood floors, and paint have been added to the 1st and 2nd floors and will soon begin on the 3rd Currently, the main stair case area is being painted.
- A new multimedia collaborative space is coming soon to the 2nd floor featuring an open, modern, and state of the art technology collaboration space.
Included are an IT support desk providing multimedia and application support for projects,
multiple technology-enabled group collaboration spaces, and an array of individual
work areas where you can access more than 50 Macintosh and Windows computers or plug
in and use your own devices.
- A newly designed and unified service desk offering a central place for students, faculty,
and staff to come for both Library and IT services is now located on the 1st floor.
- All of the academic technology (hardware, software, and peripherals) found in the
computer classrooms are available for student use outside of the classroom in Reese
Library, allowing access to the tools and support needed to augment time in the classroom.
- Room 141 features a new instructional classroom complete with re-configurable furniture.
- Renovation on the heating and air conditioning system continues in the Administration
Suite on the 1st By the end of September all of this work will be completed. In the meantime, staff
are occupying group study rooms on the 1st floor as temporary office space.
Your patience and flexibility has been most appreciated as we continue to ensure that
Reese Library meets your research and learning needs.
Questions/concerns and/or comments, please contact Barb Mann, Head Librarian, Reese
Library (firstname.lastname@example.org, 706-667-4905).