When Dr. H.W. DeSaussure Ford assumed the deanship for the third time, the college worked on strengthening its ties to the University of Georgia. The faculty formed a committee to present proposals to University of Georgia trustees to build an alliance. The trustees accepted some suggestions, such as the chancellor presenting diplomas at commencement. However, they rejected two others: a university employee working as agent for MCG, and the president of MCG trustees being a member of the University's Board of Trustees. These proposals made minor improvements, but major negotiations were still needed to strengthen ties.
The Antony Chapter of Chi Zeta Chi became the first fraternity on the Medical Department campus in 1902, and four months later, students formed the Alpha Kappa Kappa and Alpha Gamma Chapters. In 1904, E. R. Dendy, Dr. William Henry Doughty Jr.'s office nurse, tried to enroll in MCG, but the faculty refused her application. Grandison Harris, the colleges janitor and resurrection man, retired after 52 years in 1904. The school provided a pension of $10 a month for his faithful service.
Dr. Henry William DeSaussure Ford (1834-1906)
Dean, 1876-1880, 1893-1894, 1903-1906