1. The address to log into Box is: http://box.augusta.edu
2. Select the blue ‘Continue’ button.
3. You will be directed to the login page. Enter your NetID and password.
4. Click ‘Sign In’. You will be directed to your Box Home screen (“All Files & Folders”).
To fully logout of the system:
Click My Account in the top menu bar and select Log Out. You will be directed to the “You have successfully signed out.” page.
Note: If you do not exit your browser, you may still be logged in. On a shared computer, this may give others access to your files.
To upload files to your Box account, follow these steps:
1. From within your Box account, click the "Upload" button at the upper right of the file display area.
2. Choose "Files" from the drop-down menu.
3. A pop-up window will appear, showing you the files available to be uploaded from your computer.
4. Locate the file(s) you wish to upload, select it and click "Open" at the bottom right of the pop-up window.
5. The selected file(s) will now appear in your Upload Files window.
6. Choose the location you would like these files uploaded to (default will be the top-level "All Files" location) and click "Upload" to complete the process.
When inviting a user as a collaborator within a folder, you will have the ability to set the level of access that user has to that folder's content. Refer to the listing below to review the different permissions that accompany each access level:
Editor: An Editor has full read/write access to a folder. Once invited to a folder, they will be able to view, download, upload, edit, delete, copy, move, rename, generate and edit shared links, make comments, assign tasks, create tags, and invite/remove collaborators. They will not be able to delete or move root level folders.
Co-Owner: A Co-Owner has all of the functional read/write access that an Editor does. This permission level has the added ability of being able to manage users in the folder. A Co-Owner can add new collaborators, change access levels of existing collaborators, and remove collaborators. However, they will not be able to manipulate the Owner of the folder or transfer ownership to another user.
Viewer-Uploader: This access level is a combination of Viewer and Uploader. A Viewer-Uploader has full read access to a folder and limited write access. They are able to preview, download, add comments, generate shared links, and upload content to the folder. They will not be able to add tags, invite new collaborators, edit, or delete items in the folder.
Previewer-Uploader: This access level is a combination of Previewer and Uploader. A user with this access level will be able to preview files using the integrated content viewer as well as upload items into the folder. They will not be able to download, edit, or share, items in the folder.
Viewer: A Viewer has full read access to a folder. Once invited to a folder, they will be able to preview, download, make comments, and generate shared links. They will not be able to add tags, invite new collaborators, edit shared links, upload, edit or delete items in the folder.
Previewer: A Previewer has limited read access. They will only be able to preview the items in the folder using the integrated content viewer. They will not be able to share, upload, edit, or delete any content.
Uploader: An Uploader has limited write access. They will only be able to upload and see the names of the items in a folder. They will not able to download or view any content.
1. To send a link that users can click on to access a file from your Box account, click the Share link next to the file name, or right-click on the file’s icon and click Share to display the share dialog box.
2. Choose the settings on the Share tab for access to the file.
3. Then click the Email tab to fill in the names of the people you would like to share the file with.
4. Click Send once you have included everyone’s name.
All Box accounts come with 'Version History' which allows you to maintain a recent history of a file. If previously uploaded within the same directory, the file will overwrite itself and become the current version on the account. With Version History, a history of previous file versions will remain intact and you will be able to recall previous versions of the uploaded file.
1. To locate the version history window, click on the little box with the downward arrow and select 'Version History' from the 'File Properties' sub menu.
2. On this pop-up window you can revert back to an older version of the document by choosing "Make Current," download an older version by choosing "Download," or delete a previous version by choosing the red "X".
For 24 hour support, 7 days a week, please contact Augusta University IT Help Desk: