Welcome to the College of Education's Chalk & Wire site.
Chalk & Wire is a web-based system that provides a place for students to create electronic
portfolios to showcase their work in a portable format that they can carry with them
after graduation. Additionally, Chalk & Wire provides a program assessment system
for faculty and department heads to evaluate student learning outcomes specific to
the academic program.
It is important to note, that Chalk & Wire displays student work in an e-portfolio
format. Chalk & Wire is not intended for assessment on individual courses but rather
for faculty to collectively assess student work that is common across a program over
time using the same set of criteria. Results are aggregated and reported to evaluate
mastery at the program level.
WHEN DO I NEED TO PURCHASE CHALK & WIRE?
If you are enrolled in one of the following degree programs, certification program,
or an Area F class*:
- BS Ed Early Childhood Education
- BS Ed Health & Physical Education
- BS Ed Middle Grades Education
- Secondary Education
BA in English - Secondary Certification
BA in History - Secondary Certification
BA in Political Science - Secondary Certification
BS in Biology - Secondary Certification
BS in Chemistry - Secondary Certification
BS in Mathematics - Secondary Certification
BS in Physics - Secondary Certification
- BS Ed Special Education
- BA P-12 Education
Foreign Language Education - French
Foreign Language Education - Spanish
- BA Music Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- MEd Counselor Education - School Counselor
- MEd Counselor Education - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- MEd Instruction
- MEd Teacher Leadership
- EdS Counselor Education
- EdS Curriculum and Instruction
- EdD Educational Innovation
- Gifted Endorsement
- Math Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
- Teacher Support Specialist Endorsement
*Area F Classes - EDUC 2110, EDUC 2120, EDUC 2130 or SPED 4002
HOW DO I PURCHASE A CHALK & WIRE ACCOUNT?
On Campus: Go to the checkout counter at the Augusta University Book Store to purchase your Chalk
& Wire subscription code.
Online: Go to the AU Bookstore: http://www.augusta.edu/jagstore/
- Click New or Used Textbooks
- Click Online
- Select JAGSTORE from the Search by Course list then click the GO button
- Select EDUC-EDUC for Department
- Select one of the following courses: EDUC 2110, EDUC 2120, EDUC 2120, EDUC 2130, EDUC
5020, EDUC 6021, EDUC 6040, EDUC 7004, or EDUC 7021.
- Select Chalk & Wire
- Click the "Add selected books to cart" button then continue shopping or click the
view link under cart to proceed to checkout.
HOW DO I ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT?
HOW DO I ACCESS CHALK & WIRE?
- Chalk & Wire can be accessed through courses in D2L if they have a key assessment
for the program.
- If your class requires a Field Placement you will be able to access Chalk & Wire from
the link emailed to you when your Field Placement was created.
- You can login to your Chalk & Wire account using the login link at the bottom of this
WHICH BROWSER SHOULD I USE WITH CHALK & WIRE?
Chalk & Wire works with Chrome, Firefox, & Safari.
HOW DO I CREATE A PORTFOLIO?
HOW DO I SUBMIT AN ASSIGNMENT (edTPA, PORTFOLIO, ETC.)?
WHERE CAN I FIND ADDITIONAL TUTORIALS?
HOW DO I LOG MY FIELD PLACEMENT ATTENDANCE?
HOW DO I WITHDRAW A SUBMISSION?
HOW TO MANAGE CHALK & WIRE EMAIL MESSAGES?