Our web team maintains the university website, augusta.edu, the health system website, augustahealth.org, and the university intranet PAWS, paws.gru.edu. We provide design and development
expertise for Augusta University colleges, departments and administrative offices.
The Web Team also:
- Maintains, either in part or in whole, top-level university websites.
- Provides expertise with design and development of Web pages for Augusta University
schools, departments and administrative offices.
- Performs research and analysis through usability testing, site reviews, Web traffic
analysis and link trafficking.
- Explores new and changing Web-related technologies.
- Ensures user-friendly site architecture by providing consistent, intuitive navigational
flow throughout the Augusta University website.
- Ensures accessibility compliance.
- Oversees and maintains Web-related policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Oversees the university’s social media presence and provides guidance and training
for departments seeking to use social media.
- Markets and promotes the university through consistent branding, messaging and images
on the Augusta University website.
- Provides resources and training for university web developers.
- The Web team provides training, support and tutorials for Augusta University web guidelines,
OU Campus, social media, usability and accessibility.
Our new website will reflect the changing mission of our university as we move past
the consolidation phase.
How will this help us
- Prospective students want to quickly and easily gain access to basic factual information,
they want a sense of place & culture, and they want to be inspired
- Parents are interested in safety, cost, paying, ROI, etc. New site will give them
this information quickly
- Current students, faculty & staff need access internally focused information
- Alumni want to stay connected and informed
- Prospective employees want to understand culture, benefits, opportunities, etc.
- Press & general public want to understand research, offerings and opportunities relevant
Provides faculty and staff with a centralized resource for tools, portal access, and
Providing workshops and training sessionsto develop and maintain content in OU Campus.
Moving users into the Augusta University calendar system and integrating events' feeds
into departmental sites.
Creating accessible, embeddable web forms for Augusta University departments to collect
and analyze data.
Web publishers at Augusta University are responsible for the content of pages they
publish and are expected to abide by the highest standards of quality and responsibility.
All publishers should comply with established institutional policies and Information