A regularly scheduled series (RSS) is defined as a CME activity that is planned as a series with multiple, ongoing sessions, e.g. offered weekly, monthly, quarterly. RSSs are primarily planned by and presented to the Medical College of Georgia's professional staff. The procedures below provide you with the information necessary to begin the approval process.
Please contact the Division of Continuing Education if you have further questions
PROCEDURES FOR APPROVAL
1. An approved RSS must adhere to the Policies and Procedures of Augusta University's Division of Continuing Education in addition to the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
2. Each RSS must have a dedicated coordinator assigned to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures associated with the RSS. This person will be responsible for file maintenance, record-keeping, and communications with the Division of Continuing Education.
3. The Activity Planning Worksheet must be completed and signed by the physician course activity director and/or planning committee members and submitted to the Division of Continuing Education. All appropriate documentation must be included. The worksheet will be reviewed by the RSS Coordinator and approved by the Director of the Division of Continuing Education. Notification of approval status will be emailed to the course activity director and/or planning committee members and the series coordinator within 60 days of receiving a completed worksheet. An incomplete worksheet will be returned without approval.
Required attachments to be submitted for approval:
|Activity Planning Worksheet >>>|
|Disclosure Form >>>
|Planner Attestation Form >>>|
PROCEDURES FOR RE-APPROVAL
1. In order to monitor RSSs long-term compliance with the Division of Continuing Education policies and procedures, each RSS must re-submit an Activity Planning Worksheet every two years.
2. The Activity Planning Worksheet will be evaluated by the RSS Program Coordinator and the Director of the Division of Continuing Education. Notification of approval status will be emailed to the series coordinator and course activity director within 60 days of receiving the completed Activity Planning Worksheet. An incomplete Activity Planning Worksheet will be returned without re-approval. The Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to withdraw CME credit if the Activity Planning Worksheet for re-approval is not submitted.