The Clinical Laboratory Science Program at Augusta University aims to improve the
health of society by educating resourceful, adaptable and well-prepared individuals
to serve and lead the clinical laboratory science profession.
GOALS FOR THE BS-CLS PROGRAM
The Program of Clinical Laboratory Science will meet the following goals to accomplish
- To graduate well-educated, competent, entry level clinical laboratory scientists professionals.
- To supply the region with clinical laboratory scientists who possess advanced skills.
- To advance the profession of Clinical Laboratory Science by educating resourceful
and adaptable individuals capable of leadership in the ever changing healthcare environment.
- To provide a stimulating atmosphere for students, faculty, and laboratory staff.
- To maintain a source of professionals who participate in bringing new knowledge to
Clinical Laboratory Science through service, research, and continuing education.
ADDITIONAL GOALS FOR THE MHS-CLS PROGRAM
- To graduate professionals who enter into advanced leadership roles in CLS.
- To graduate professionals who conduct evidence based practice research within clinical
- To graduate professionals who effectively collaborate with other members of the healthcare
team to improve patient outcomes.
- To graduate practitioners who contribute to the clinical laboratory science profession
through involvement at state, region, and national levels of professional organizations.