1. All applicants who were educated outside the United States must submit an official, professional course-by-course evaluation based on all official foreign educational documents and transcripts. Official evaluations based on unofficial transcripts/documents or copies of transcripts/documents will not fulfill this requirement. You may choose to have your academic records evaluated by any of the following three credentials evaluation services, at your cost (approximately $150):
International students applying to the Biomedical Sciences, PhD. or Biostatistics, PhD. programs: If you are selected by one of these programs to have a foreign transcript evaluation paid for at Augusta University’s expense, the foreign transcript evaluation will be performed by Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
2. Applicants must request that Augusta University receive official results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if English is not your first language.*
* The institution code for submission of the TOEFL scores to Augusta University is 5406. Please do not select a department code.
Freshman and Transfer Applicants to non health science programs:
Transfer Applicants seeking program admission to health science programs:
*Exemption from the TOEFL requirement is allowed for undergraduate students who submit proof of earning a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university at which English is the language of instruction.
*Exemption from the TOEFL requirement is allowed for graduate students who submit proof of earning a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university at which English is the language of instruction.
3. International applicants who are offered acceptance must provide proof that funds for at least one academic year are available to you for tuition, fees, living expenses including room and meals, health insurance, local transportation, books and supplies. This requirement must be met before a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 can be issued. Proof of availability of funds requires the completion of Augusta University’s Certificate of Finances form. The Certificate of Finances form documents both the availability of funds and, if appropriate, your sponsor’s willingness to support you in the amount designated by the university.
4. International students who are currently in the United States are required to provide copies of all immigration documents prior to Augusta University enrollment. International students who are or were previously enrolled as students in the United States may be required to provide documentation from their current and/or former colleges or universities.
In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.3.4, all applicants for admission to Augusta University for Fall 2011 or any academic semester thereafter, and who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Acceptance to Augusta University is conditional until lawful presence is verified. ALL applicants must submit documentation that verifies his/her lawful presence in the United States at time of application to Admissions@augusta.edu.